- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Chapter 2 witness “Who Jesus is,” pointing the authority of forgiving sins and healing diseases (v 1-17), his suffering (v. 18-22), lordship of Sabbath(v.23-28). All these three episodes of Jesus ministry have on common that Jesus is Messiah sent by God, the power of God, and that Jesus completed all the laws and traditions. “No one pours new wine into old wine skins,” “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.” Good news of God is in the person of Jesus Christ.
- Ask yourself, “what does God speak to me today in this chapter?”
- Live it out through the day in your life.