- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Chapter 4 has two main topics.
First is the parable of the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is the reign of God. We know it by experience when we live by the power of God. Our God is generous God like the sower who scatter the seed extravagantly on all kinds of soils. We know it as grace of God. And the kingdom of God invite us to respond to grow and bear fruit, and us to be shown to others like a lamp.
Second is the power of Jesus. His disciples were afraid of the storm because they had not known who Jesus was yet nor had faith on him. It was after Jesus calmed down the storm that they knew him by experience and had faith of him, “He is the one whom even the wind and the waves obey.”
- Ask yourself, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?”
- Live it out through the day.