- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Acts 4
Like Jesus, Peter and John stood before Sanhedrin, Jewish court, for they preached about Jesus and his resurrection. Sadducees were a religious group that did not believe in resurrection of the dead.
Chapter 4 recorded how the Holy Spirit worked.
1. Believers were increased, five thousands.
2. Peter and John was filled with the Holy Spirit and testified boldly the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
3. Power and authority by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth brought healing and salvation.
4. The church in Jerusalem was strengthened in prayers, and spoke the word of God boldly.
5. Leadership and ministry of the church began.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.