- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Acts 10
What is the message in Acts10?
It is the story of what God the Holy Spirit works through two figures, Cornelius who is gentile and Peter who is Jewish, to fulfill the promise in Acts 1:8.
God sent angel to Cornelius to meet Peter, and all of his family were baptized.
God sent the vision of ceremonially unclean animals for Peter to have new understanding of God.
Three versus in chapter 10 teach about universal God.
“Do not call anything impure that God has made clean” (v 15).
“God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean.” (v.28)
“God does not show favoritism but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.” (v35).
“The gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on the Gentiles.” (45)
By overpowering of the Holy Spirit on the Day of Pentecost the church in Jerusalem grew. By persecution, the believers were scattered to throughout to Judea and Samaria, and they kept witnessing of the lordship of Jesus and of his resurrection. The story of Cornelius and Peter told that the church was beginning to expand to the end of the earth by the work of the Holy Spirit.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.