- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Acts 12
King Herod killed James and put Peter in prison. James became the second martyr after Stephen in the early church.
Angel of God rescued Peter from the prison at night. Peter went to the house of Mary, the mother of John Mark. Peter seemed not know the martyr of James when he said, “tell James and the brothers about this.” (v.17).
Angel of God struck down King Herod to death because of his self-idolatry. When the people shouted out him god, Herod did not give glory to God.
Even through the hostile environment, the Holy Spirit continue to make history of the church by spreading the word of God increasingly.
Three names were recorded in verse 25, Barnabas, Saul, and John Mark. They came to Antiock from Jerusalem. And it was the beginning of the witness of Jesus Christ to the end of the age. Now Luke is about to report one of the greatest stories of the church: Mission
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.