- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Acts 14
Conclusion of the first missionary journey.
At Iconion a great number of Jews and Gentiles believed what Paul and Barnaba spoke. But others persecuted them.
Lystra was a city of pagan practices. When Paul healed the crippled man by the power of God, they regarded him as Hermes, and Barnabas as Zeus, two Greek gods. But Barnabas and Paul taught them the living God.
During their missionary journey Paul and Barnabas were persecuted, being stoned. But Luke recorded the fruit of their first mission journey, “God has opened the door of faith to the Gentiles.”
The Holy Spirit empowered Barnaba and Paul to witness to Jesus Christ boldly amidst hardship and persecution through their missionary journey.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.