- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Romans 4
Righteousness by Faith.
Apostle Paul cited Abraham’s story in Genesis 15:6 to show that righteousness comes from God’s grace, not human works. When God promised Abraham’s descendants when he was no child, he believed God and God considered him righteous on account of his faith. The circumcision, representing the law and work, came later as a sign or seal of the righteousness by faith.
Abraham, therefore, became the ancestor of all. The true descendants of Abraham are those who have faith in God through Jesus Christ, whether Jews or Gentiles, and became the heirs of the blessing that God had blessed Abraham, and hope against hope that Abraham had in faith.
So it is by the grace of God that we are justified, not by our works. It is unmerited gift from God that we received by faith.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.