- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Romans 5
Life in justification by faith.
Consequences of justification is for us to be reconciled to God, harmony with God. It resulted in rejoice in the hope of the glory of God, which also produces godly character, confidence of being loved by God, and salvation by the death of Jesus Christ. Life in joy, hope, love, perseverance is the quality of life for those who are reconciled by God’s grace through Jesus Christ.
Apostle Paul compares Adam and Christ in analogy and contrast. By Adam came to all men, sin, death, judgment, condemnation, disobedience. By Christ, however, came to all mend, the gift of God, justification, abundance provision of grace and the gift of righteousness in life.
Concluding remark — The grace of God is bigger than the sin of men.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.