- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Romans 6
Sin and Grace.
Apostle Paul see sin and grace as two powerful masters. He asks two wrong questions related to sin and grace with answering, “by no means.”
“Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase?” (1). By no means! We are to die to sin and we are to live to new life. Baptism is a sign of it. When Christian is baptized, he/she is united with Christ, his death and resurrection. New life is to give ourselves as instrument of righteousness.
“Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? (15). By no means! When we are justified by the grace of God, we are no longer slaves to sin. Slaves to sin leads to death that separate us from God. We become slaves to God, which leads us to righteousness, holiness and eternal life.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.