- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Romans 10
Salvation is for all.
Apostle Paul has compassion for Israel who do not believe in Christ. They had zeal for God by pursuing righteousness by law. But it is impossible human effort like trying ascending to heaven to bring Christ down or descending to abyss to bring Christ up.
God completed requirement of the law through Christ and granted it to all by faith in Christ.
Prophets in the Old Testament has already prophesied salvation for all; Deuteronomy 30:14; 32:21, Joel 2:32, Isaiah 52:7; 53:1; 65:2, Psalm 19:4
Salvation is for all, Jews and Gentile by faith.
Way to salvation —- “it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.” (v10)
Salvation to all — “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” (v.13)
Way to faith — “Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.” (v.17)
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.