- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Galatians 5
Freedom in Christ Jesus.
What does Christian freedom mean? It has two dimensions, general and contextual. It is general in that Christ set us free from the bondage of sin and death. It is contextual in that Apostle Paul specified it in the book of Galatians. Christ set us free from the bondage of the Law, Mosaic law, by dying.
Though free from the law, Christians must not abuse their freedom for sinful desire but produce love through good works in words and deeds. Living by sinful nature(flesh) bring in life in the flesh (v 19-21). Living by the Spirit produces the fruit of the Spirit (v 22).
Christians are people who crucified with Christ their flesh with its passions and desires, and who called to live by the Spirit (v 25)
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.