- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 1 Corinthians 2
Christ and wisdom.
Apostle Paul defined preaching a sermon in the church – testimony about God, witness to Jesus Christ, his death and resurrection. It is the work of the Spirit, demonstrating the power of the Spirit.
There are two kind of wisdom– the wisdom of the age or of the rulers of the age, which is eloquent in word and the wisdom of the Spirit, which is hidden in God and revealed in Jesus Christ.
The spirit we have received is God’s own Spirit, and Spiritual wisdom is understood only by spiritually matured people because God has revealed it to us by God’s spirit. The Spirit imparts a deeper wisdom than any human effort can achieve. This is the wisdom which only the mature who have been taught by the Spirit can understand.
How do we know it? Only by God’s spirit as we grow spiritually. It is by the grace of God.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.