- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 1 Corinthians 8
The rights of an apostle.
Apostle Paul defended himself from those who questioned him and his apostleship.
First was his refrain from asserting his rights as an apostle in contrast to other apostles such as Cephas, Peter. Second was effectiveness of his apostleship as proved by Corinthian church Christians themselves.
Preaching the gospel was his purpose compelled to do to gain more people either Jews or Gentiles to Jesus Christ. For this purpose, he has become all things to all men so that by all possible means he might save people. He did all for the sake of the gospel.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.