- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 2 Corinthians 3
Ministry of the new covenant.
Some Corinthian church people accused Apostle Paul of commending himself without the letter of recommendation.
Apostle Paul defended himself with the fact that the people of Corinthian church was the recommendation, written not in the paper but in their heart, by their living in the new covenant with the Spirit of the living God.
He defended his apostleship by comparing the old covenant, the books of the law, inscribed in the stone, which was the law of Moses to the new covenant in the Spirit of God through Jesus Christ. The old covenant was temporary, producing not life but despair and death.
In Christ Apostle Paul saw the transiency of the old covenant and knew the freedom and glory of the new covenant. Therefore, he affirmed that his apostleship was confirmed by the new covenant.
We can know that the accusers of Apostle Paul were Judaizers who claimed old covenant in Corinthian church.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.