- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 2 Corinthians 10
Defense of Ministry.
Apostle Paul changed the subject to defend his apostleship against those who wer, so called, high apostles who lived by world (v.2), and brought arguments, pretension against the knowledge of God and disobedience to God. They regarded themselves higher in faith of Jesus Christ than Apostle Paul.
His opponents criticized Apostle Paul and his writing styles, accused him of weakness and empty boasting. The critics were probably members of the Corinthian church as well as false apostle from outside.
His defense was that if they thought they belonged to Christ, they should consider that we, apostle Paul and his mission companions, also belonged to Christ. His confidence was that his ministry was to build up the church, not pulling it down. Apostle Paul was not doing more than God commissioned him to do without comparing his ministry to others. He was not boasting of the work done by others, or by other’s territory.
He stated strongly that he was boasting of the Lord who commanded him to preach the gospel beyond their region.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.