- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Ephesian 5
Living in the Light.
Apostle Paul wrote about new life, living in the light of Christ,
It is the life living in love. Jesus Christ is the model of the love, sacrificial love. It is the holiness in life in words and deeds, renouncing the pagan ways of life. Kingdom of God is the rein/ rule of God. Following the pagan ways is not the way of God. Christian morality is to be viewed in light of holiness in life. It is the life being filled with the Holy Spirit. The drunkards are controlled by wine and led to debauchery. The one who is filled with the Holy Spirit are led to holiness. It is thankfulness in life with singing hymns and spiritual song, which express thanks to God. Apostle Paul also wrote to the church in Thessalonica “Be joyful, pray continually, and give thanks in all circumstances. This is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
Mutual submission is the principle of Christian household in relationship between husband and wife. The Greek word for “head,” mean origin or source rather than leader or authority, or dominator. Apostle Paul teaches that all Christians are under Christ’s lordship and are to submit to one another for Christ’s sake. Analogy between Christ and church gives the model of relationship between husband and wife. Wife submit to wife with respect. Husband submit to wife with self-giving love.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.