- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Colossians 2
Christology — Who is Jesus Christ?
Even though Apostle Paul had never visited Colossian church, he struggled in himself with heresy that was threatening the church. He described it as error that was against who Jesus Christ was. The heresy was based on these;
Basic principle of this world.
Find- sounding argument.
Hollow and deceptive philosophy.
Human tradition in Judaism, written code, regulation in law, bodily circumcision.
Regulations by season.
Gnosticism –denying the humanness of Christ
Appearance of wisdom, self-imposed worship, false humility, harsh treatment of the body.
He named them as basic principle of this world that was based on human commands and teaching, which was destine to perish.
Jesus Christ nullified them all, Apostle Paul asserted, putting them in his cross, having canceled the written code with regulations, nailing to the cross— triumphing them by the cross, setting free from them.
Who is Jesus Christ? Jesus Christ is full riches of complete understanding of God, all the resources of wisdom and knowledge. Christ is the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form. Jesus Christ is God’s secret plan and this is why love, not intellectual argument is the way to both assurance and knowledge.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.