- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 1 Timothy 3
Apostle Paul instructed Timothy how to build church leadership, Overseers or bishop, and deacons. His instruction reveal that church leadership and administration was already practiced as early as in the first century. The qualification of two leadership of the church, bishop and deacon, was specified, and it was interesting that Apostle Paul specified for male in this letter compared to woman deacon in Romans 16:1
What do we learn from this passage today?
The qualification of spiritual leadership with personal maturity precede functionality of church leadership for those who are called to lead the church.
Apostle Paul expressed his desire to meet Timothy at Ephesus but it was delayed. God used his delay to teach them how to behavior in the household of God (church). “The mystery of our religion,” is Christ Jesus manifested in the flesh (Incarnation), his life, death, resurrection, and exaltation to be preached throughout the world.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.