- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Hebrew 2
Jesus is superior to angels.
“drift away,” (1) is a main word for the writer wants this audience to give attention, because they were tempted to give up their faith in Jesus Christ and to return to Judaism and its practices.
“Angels” (2) represent Jewish beliefs in general, and angel believing in specific such a way that angels are mediator between God and human. But Jesus Christ is only mediator and God sent him to save the human, through his own suffering and death. He is the true and faithful High priest who served God, making atonement for the sins of the people. It is by the grace of God.
Angels, High priest, are representing Judaism and its beliefs, and the writer compared them to Jesus Christ to show his supremacy over them.
Underlying message of the book of Hebrew was “do not leave the faith of Jesus Christ.” So is it today.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.