- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Hebrew 3
Jesus, greater than Moses.
“fix your thoughts on Jesus,” is the theme of the chapter 3, testifying that Jesus is greater than Moses who represents Judaism. The author called Jesus “the apostle and high priest,” and compared Moses to Jesus to see who is greater than the other.
Faithful in God’s house Faithful to God
Honored in Israel worthy of greater honor than Moses
House the builder of house
God’s servant God’s Son
Warning is given to those who are hard heartened by testing God. Exodus story is remembered (Exodus 17:7, Deuteronomy 6:16, Psalm 95:7-11) for those who leave the faith of Jesus and return to Judaism.
“encourage one another,” “hold firmly in faith until the end,” is exhortation to stand in the faith of Jesus.
What deceive the believers today and take us away from the faith of Jesus Christ?
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.