- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 2 Peter 3
The Day of the Lord.
Peter warned false teachers who misled the teaching of the second coming of Jesus. They argued that it didn’t matter how Christian lived since there won’t be a future judgment, and there would be no second coming of the Lord. They were ignorant, following after their own evil desires.
Peter explained the delay of the second coming of Jesus, the Day of the Lord, with different understanding of time. God experiences time differently from the way we do. God’s delay is God’s patience for people to change their hearts and to come to the salvation of God. The timing of the Day of the Lord cannot be predicted, like the coming of thief.
The certainty of the Day of the Lord, the final judgement ought to affect the way Christians live;
Live expectantly the coming of the Lord.
Keep with God’s promise.
Look forward to a new heaven and a new earth.
Make every effort to be spotless, blameless and at peace with God.
Remember that the Lord’s patient, delay of his coming, means salvation.
Be on guard so that you may not be carried away by the false teachers.
Grow in the grace and knowledge of Jesus Christ.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.