- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 1 John 1
The Word of Life.
Traditionally, John, one of Jesus’ disciples, was known as the author of the 1 John. The purpose of 1 John is to defend the faith of Jesus from antichrist in the first century, specifically Gnosticism that deny Jesus’ human side.
The central message is that “Jesus Christ has come as a human,” to reveal the truth about God, to deal with the world’s sin, and to provide an example of Christian living, and to teach that eternal life depends on remaining in the knowledge of the truth.
John testify to the Word of life, who is Jesus Christ, to the truth that God is light. The way of salvation is shaped by two core belief: God is light and God is love.
The message of his writing is for us to walk in God’s light and have fellowship with the Father, God, and with his Son, Jesus Christ. By this fellowship we are cleansed from sin and our heart are purified Because of this fellowship, out of God’s faithfulness and justice, through the blood of Jesus Christ, our sins are forgiven when we confess.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.