- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read 1 John 3
Children of God.
Apostle John proclaims that we should be called children of God. What specific features of life are to be shown in the life of children of God?
Relationship with God through Jesus Christ — the children of God is not of the worldly system of belief, values, and practices, but of God to become like Jesus (v.2).
Love — God first loved us and we are called to love one another. The model of love is that of Jesus, his love for us. “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters.” (v16). The children of God love one another in words and deeds, which is the sign that they belong to the truth and that they set their heart at rest in God’s presence. Therefore, there is no fear in love.
Hope — The children of God has hope in God and purify themselves from sin because they are bone of God and God’s seed remains in them.
Obey — The children of God obey God’s commands and do what please God. God’s commands had two: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another. When they obey God’s commands, they live in God, and God lives in them. They know it by the Spirit of God
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.