- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Revelation 4
John saw in his vision the Throne of Heaven and heard a voice. He described it with revelatory features.
The one who sat on the throne (2) – The Lord God who said to John in 1:8, “I am the Alpha and the Omega, who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
The precious gems, flashes of lightning, rumbling and thunder, sea of glass (3-6) – the glory of divine place and presence.
Twenty-four elders in white and crown of gold (4) –Angelic beings of the heavenly court, symbolizing the twelve patriarchs of the Old Testament and the twelve disciples of the New Testament.
Seven candles and seven spirits (5) — the number seven symbolizes completeness. Seven candles symbolize all churches, and seven spirit the Spirit of God.
Four living creatures (6) – angelic being representing man and all beasts of the world.
Full of eyes (6) – they symbol unceasing watchfulness of the throne of God that whoever approaches God’s throne is observed from every direction and can keep nothing concealed.
The response of all life, animal and human, always is worshipping with a song of praise to God the Creator.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.