- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Revelation 5
The scene of heavenly throne.
In his vision, John saw the one who sits in the throne, the scroll, the lamb, four living creatures, and the elders.
a scroll – the scroll was sealed with seven seals, containing the fixed purposes of God for the future. It was unknown to others. No created being was worthy to carry out God’s plan.
The lamb — it refers to Christ’s sacrificial death, by which God’s purposes contained in the scroll will be accomplished. Jesus Christ, the lamb only can carry the scroll and open it.
Chapter five concludes with heavenly worship scene, praising by the whole creation.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.