- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence. The
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Revelation 7
Sing along, “Salvation belongs to our God.”
The vision in chapter 7 is an interlude between the sixth and seventh seals, with two visions which provide assurance that God’s people are secure from the plagues and judgements
The vision of 144,000 (1-8) – “seal on the foreheads,” is the marks of God’s protection. The number of 144,000 counted from 12 tribes of Israel symbolizes completeness. God protects all of the redeemed, none of them will be missioning.
The vision of multitude (9-17) — “a great multitude from every nation,” symbolized all those who are redeemed from around the world. “white robe,” and “palm branches,” symbolize righteousness and victory. When Jesus entered into the city of Jerusalem, people welcome him waving palm branches.
The vision of praising around the throne of God symbolizes glory, honor, and thanks that all creatures, elders, and the redeemed serve God, attributing to what God has done, the blood of the Lamb of God cleanses from sin, shelter the redeemed with God’s presence, spring of living water, wiping away every tears.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.