- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence. The
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Revelation 10
Between the sixth and seventh trumpets, John saw two visions, the angel and the little scroll (10:1-11) and the vision of the two witness (11:1-14). These two visions provide consolation and assurance for the prophet and for his follow- believers.
The vision of an angel and little scroll symbolize a prophetic proclamation. A prophet is the one who are called to prophesize God’s message which is harsh as bitter sour because it involves God’s terrible judgements, and sweet because it contains God’s words.
“no more delay,” indicates the accomplishment of God’s will when the seventh trumpet blows.
“the scroll in the hand of the angel,” is not the sealed scroll in the hand of God (5:1) but a special message of God to John.
“You must,” is God’s call for John to do in accordance of divine will.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.