- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence. The
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Revelation 11
The vision of two witnesses appeared before the seventh trumpet blow.
The vision of seven trumpets following by plagues echos the plague that forced Egyptian King Pharaoh to release the people of Israel from slavery in Egypt (Exodus 7:8-11:10). John’s vision of seven trumpets is God’s plan to release the people of God from persecution by the conquering of the power of darkness. Six of the trumpet blasts signal the release of a plague and the seventh heralds a new beginning.
The vision of measuring reed rod symbolizes God’s judgement for people who did not believe in God. “The sanctuary and those who worship there” is measured with a view to their preservation. “The court outside,” is the court of the Gentiles, a symbol of not belong to God.
The vision of two witnesses with lampstands and olive trees symbolize God’s prophets for the time of tribulation on earth. 1260 days or three years and half is a symbolic number indicating the persecution or tribulation period. “Sack cloth,” is a sign that their prophecy was of repentance.
The seventh trumpet announces the consummation of God’s kingdom, heralds a new beginning.
It has commonality with other seven signs indicating of completion of each prophecy.
Seventh seal — silence for the arrival of the angels
Seventh trumpet –herald a new beginning
Seventh bowl — “it is over”
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.