- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence. The
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Revelation 12
The vision of the seventh trumpet continues showing cosmic battle with the powers of evil before the final judgement; the woman, the dragon, the child, Michael the angel of God, and the limited time of persecution. The dragon symbolizes the devil, Satan, God’s enemy. The woman symbolizes God’s salvation, Mary from the people of Israel. The child symbolizes Messiah, Jesus Christ, born of Mary.
The cosmic battle scene begins with a vision of a pregnant woman, and a big red dragon that tries to destroy the child when the woman gives birth. When the woman gives birth a male child who will rule all the nations, the child is snatched up to God’s throne. And the woman fled to the place God provided for three and half years.
The war between Michael, archangel of God, and the dragon broke but the dragon was defeated and hurled down to earth. The dragon harassed the woman and made war against her offspring— those who obeyed God’s commandments and hold to the testimony of Jesus.
This vision presents spiritual battle at the end of time, and persecution that church and the people of God will endure. But God will bring final victory to them.
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.