- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence. The
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Revelation 19
Hallelujah, celebration in heaven.
“I heard,” “I saw” is repeatedly written in Chapter 19, that John saw visions. The vision in this chapter appears to be a response to the angel’s call in 18:20, “rejoice, saints and apostles and prophets. God has judged her for the way she treated you.”
“I saw in heaven” in verse 11 is the beginning of a serious of six visions, through chapter 20:15, about Christ’ triumphant victory over evil and God’s judgement of the living and the dead. Most of these visions are future elaboration of visions which were seen in the previous chapters in the book of Revelation.
The first vision is heaven open and a white horse with a rider, called Faithful and True, who judges and make war. The rider is the Lamb of God, Jesus Christ. The second vision (v.17) is heavenly feast for God’s vindication against all evils and the wicked. The third vision (v.19) is the gathering of the beast and the kings of the earth to make war against the rider on the horse, Jesus Christ. But Christ is victorious without even a fight (v.20-21).
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.