- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Revelation 22
The climax of John’s vision.
The climax of the seventh vison is renewed life, fruitful and healed by the river of life.
The river and the tree of life (1-5)
The river of blessings reminds the river of life flowing from Garden of Eden to four corners of the world when God created the heaven and earth (Genesis 2:4-14). The river of blessing in his vision symbolizes God’s restoration of life. “tree of life,” also reminds of the tree of life God created in the Garden of Eden, symbolizing God’s new creation. The voice, “behold, I am making everything new,” (21:5) is coming to pass, God’s new creation.
Jesus is coming soon (6-21)
The epilogue of John’s vision consists of warnings and exhortation and encouragement, calling for repentance and expectation. John concludes the book of Revelation with two claims about its important— a warning to future reader not to alter this book in any way (v.18), and Jesus’ witness saying, “I am coming soon.” (v.20). John’s response is Maranatha, Aramaic phrase meaning, “Come, our Lord.”
After Reading —- Reflection and prayer.
- Reflect on this question, “What does God speak to me today in this chapter?
- Pray that God’s word today be the way, the life, and the truth to you.
- Live it out through the day.