- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 2
Following the vision of God’s judgement in chapter 1, chapter 2 records Isaiah’s vision of God’s restored kingdom in the last days. His vision is future reality, “The mountain of the Lord’s temple will be established.” (v.2)
God’s judgement will bring peace among the nations settling down disputes. And the house of Jacob, specifically the Northern kingdom of Israel, also representing the people of God, will walk in the light of the Lord, following the rule of God. In the day of the Lord, God will demolish idolatry because of which God have abandoned the house of Jacob. In the day of the Lord, God will humble the lofty, the proud, and the arrogant. And all will exalt God.
This vision calls for repentance. To those who will repent, the last day, the day of the Lord, will be the day of hope. But to those who do not repent, the day of the Lord will be the day of judgement.
1. What does God speak to you today in this chapter.
2. What do you think is idolatry among people today?
3. Is the message of the day of the Lord or in the last days, hopeful to you? If it is, why? If it is not, why?
4. Close with silent prayer for two minutes.