- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 12
Two songs, song of deliverance (1-3), and song of thanksgiving (4-6), concludes the first section of the book of Isaiah. “In that day,” (v.1 and 4) indicates the promise of restoration of kingdom found in chapter 11. “Zion,” is another name of Jerusalem, and Isaiah uses it for the seat of the Holy One’s domination.
1. What does God speak to you today in this chapter.
2. Read Exodus 15:2 and Psalm 118:14. Reflect how Isaiah’s vision is connected to Exodus experience.
3. Close with silent prayer for two minutes.