- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 15
Isaiah 15 write an oracle against Moab, descendant of Lot, Abraham’s nephew (Genesis 19:36-38). Moab is relative to Israel. During Exodus Moses asked Moabite for Israelite to pass through Moabite land, but they refused. During the time of Judge, Moabite king Eglon conquered Israel but he was killed by Ehud one of judges in Israel.
A Moabite woman, Ruth, became King David’s great grandmother( Ruth 4:18-22). When King David fled from the hand of King Saul, he hid in the land of Moab. But after he become the King of Israel, he conquered and ruled Moab.
Because of their sin and arrogance, Moabite are under the judgement of God.
1. What does God speak to you today in this chapter.
2. Read Matthew 1 to knew Ruth, a Moabite woman, became ancestor of Jesus Christ. Reflect on God’s sovereignty over all nations.
3. Close with silent prayer for two minutes.