- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 16
Oracle against Moab continues in chapter 16.
The first half of the chapter (1-5) is admonition for Moab to be saved by submitting to King David, the king whom God enthroned.
The second half (6-14) is prophecy against Moab that the wrath of God will come upon them because Moab ignores the admonition. Despite intervening prosperity, Moab will again be devastated.
1. What does God speak to you today in this chapter.
2. Reflection on parallel between Moab’s salvation through King David and salvation of the world through Jesus Christ, descendant of King David.
3. Close with silent prayer for two minutes.