- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 20
Chapter 20 is a prophecy against Egypt and Cush. Cush was 25th dynasty of Egypt. God asked Isaiah to perform the symbolic act of walking around naked and barefoot for three years to protest the humiliation that Egypt will experience.
In 713-711 BC, King Sargon of Assyria successfully fought to suppress the anti-Assyrian alliance that Egypt and Judah joined.
Isaiah’s prophecy warns Judah that only effective ally is the Lord, not other nations.
1. What does God speak to you today in this chapter.
2. Close with silent prayer for two minutes.