- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 21
An oracle against three nations, Babylon, Edom, and Arabia.
God called Babylon to do the work of God, destroying Assyria, but she acted evil before God, and God punished her. Edom, the descendant of Esau, was released from Assyria but soon she will be under the control of Babylonia. Arabia plundered her neighbors but Babylonia will attack her too.
This oracle may refer to mid- 6th century BC event when the Babylonian Empire was threatened by the Medes. Elam was a kingdom east of Babylonia, centered in the city of Susa that became the capital city of Persia later.
Prophet Isaiah prophesied the sovereignty of God that was shown in history.
1. What does God speak to you today in this chapter.
2. What do you see the sovereignty of God in the present time, events?
2. Close with silent prayer for two minutes.