- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 26
The theme of Isaiah 26 is a song of praise. It continues theme of chapter 24-25 that God will carry out justice, rescuing the suffered and punishing those who inflicted suffering. Isaiah prophesies that God is trustful and God will rescue the righteous and they will sing praise the song of victory.
Chapter 26 is consisting of three parts; praising the hymn of celebration (1-7), series of prayers reflecting on righteousness and justice (8-19), and responds to the prayer with promise of justice (20-21)
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?