- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 42
Chapter 42 is the prophecy of the salvation of Israel by a servant of the Lord, known as messiah.
First part (1-9) describes who the messiah will be. Jesus quoted his messiahship from this passage (Luke 4:18)
Second part (10-17) is the song of praise to the Lord, which is the triumphal song when the messiah comes.
Third part (18-25) is a prophecy against those who continue to do evil before God. It is the warning and lamentation for them.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?