- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 54
The restoration of Zion.
The analogy of woman, mother, and marriage expresses the relationship between God and Israel, and each description entails how the Lord assures his people of restoration and renewal (1-10).
The restoration will bring dominion, and the restoration will be in peace and safety by the forgiveness of God. (v.8).
The Lord assures his people of prosperity and security (11-17). The restoration will be with God’s protection. The analogy of construction(v12) expresses the rebuilding of Jerusalem wall, envisioning the future kingdom of new Jerusalem where all God’s chosen will live there.
“Then I saw a Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God.” (Revelation 21:2)
This prophetic message was for the returning exile from Babylonia. Christians read this message today for the coming Kingdom of God through Jesus Christ for all redeemed to live in the mercy and righteousness of God.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?