- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Isaiah 61
The year of the Lord’s favor.
Chapter 61 is a prophetic vision of the coming of the Messiah, his work, and the glory of redeemed people of God. The messiah is anointed by God (1-3), and God clothes him with glory (10). This prophecy is fulfilled in the life and ministry of Jesus as he reveals it in Luke 4:16-19.
This prophecy describes the favor of God for his redeemed people, and life they shall live in glory, peace, and richness, recognized that they are people God blessed. They will be ruled by the loving justice of God.
This prophecy calls for Zion’s mission for the world, as the priests of the Lord, ministers of God, feeding on the wealth of nation.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?