- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Ezekiel 26
Ezekiel 26:1-28:19 is prophecy of oracle against Tyre. Ezekiel poured out prophesy heavily against Tyre. Tyre was a coastland city, rich in sea trade. The oracle against this city, however, was judgement over her act of ridiculing Judah when Jerusalem was destroyed. This caused God’s punishment upon her.
Tyre did not repent even though she saw that God punished Judah because of rebellion against God. Instead, Tyre took advantage of Judah’s fall to get the commercial profit.
God’s judgement against Tyre was total destruction(vv15-21). “All the princes of the coast,” all cities in trade alliance with Tyre will mourn over her fall and desolate city. The vast water of the sea will cover the land of Tyre, brining all people down to pit.”
Final stage of judgement is scary. “I will bring you to a horrible end and you will be no more. you will be never again be found.” (v.21)
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?