- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Ezekiel 41
Vision of Inner court.
The vision of inner court, beginning chapter 40:48, describes its structure, size, and decoration.
Even in his vision, Ezekiel is not allowed to enter into inner temple, where the Most Holy Place is located, and where is the Presence of God. Only High Priest is allowed to come in for redemption of people once a year on the Day of Atonement. (Leviticus 23:26-32). By the death of Jesus on the Cross this dividing curtain was torn and we are able to access to God through him. (Matthew 27:51).
The temple has three main part, a vestibule, the nave/sanctuary, and the Most Holy Place, called Holy of Holies. Additional chambers surround three sides of the temple constructed three stories high, with another large building, located west of the temple.
The interior of the temple is described on its decoration, furnishings, and its wooden doors. The table that the man in Ezekiel’s vision spoke about is the table for the bread of the Presence for the priests to eat in the presence of God. (Leviticus 24:5-9).
Palm tree in verse 26 represent prosperity and the cherubim security.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.? 3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you