- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Ezekiel 42
Rooms for the Priests.
The vision of the Temple in chapter 42 explains about the rooms(chambers) around the temple. The rooms in the courtyard of the temple used for storage of the priestly portion of the sacrifices, for eating, for storing robes. The man in the vision speaks a fourth time to emphasize the holiness of the area, and the care that must be taken with offerings to guard the purity of the priests who enter the holy place.
They are symbols of line between the holiness and common, symbolizing that those who serve God in the temple should be separated or set aside, from the world. The purpose of the walls is to separate the holy and the common, to protect the sacred area from being defiled by human pollution.
The entire tour in his vision indicates direction toward holiness through gates, doorways toward the center, staircases, and priestly guards at the entrances. The total temple area was five hundreds cubits squares (861.63 feet squares).
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?