- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Ezekiel 45
The distribution of Land.
The vision of division of the land echoes the distribution of the land in Israel’s exodus story. (Numbers 26:53-56, Joshua 14:1-5). At the first exodus, Joshua completed the land distribution. Ezekiel, in his vision, is called to divide the land to each tribes.
There are two division of the land. The first portion is allotted holy district, belonging to the Lord alone. Priests are provided for within the holy district.
The prince’s territory is limited to the area east and west of the land. The role of prince, leader, is to practice justice and righteousness. The practice of justice is detailed by using fairness in business and trade, and offering sacrifices among the people.
Offering and Holy Days are described. Beginning with specific instruction for purifying the sanctuary and the worshipers, vision focuses on Passover and other festivals, tabernacles and day of atonement. The role of prince is set an example of worshipper in these festival.
In the vision of Ezekiel, new heart purified and obedience is strongly emphasized.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?