- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Daniel 6
Daniel and den of lions.
The story of Daniel in lions’ den is to show how God will deliver his faithful servants.
Darius I set up the satrapies to rule the kingdom. The ancient Greek historian, Herodotus, remarks that Darius I of Medes, later Persia, established a network of twenty satrapies, administrative districts. Daniel was one of them as successful tenure at the court of Darius and Cyrus.
Conspiracy by jealousy was to trap Daniel, for his distinguished and exceptional quality. Daniel’s faithfulness, praying to God toward Jerusalem three times a day, was shown to others fall into trapped charge.
Darius reluctantly ordered Daniel to put into lions’ den and checked to find Daniel was not harmed. God sent angels to keep lions away from Daniel in the den. Divine intervention resulted in Daniel’s deliverance.
The end of story, including the royal decree, is doxology, praising God of Daniel, witnessing to the God of living, dominion, and wonder. This is another conversion story in godless land.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?