- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Hosea 2
Israel’s infidelity, punishment, and God’s redemption.
Prophetic message in chapter 2 begins with redemptive love of God, calling the people of Israel, my people, my loved one, followed by Hosea’s speech.
Hosea’s speech begins with the prophet’s appeal that his children plead for their mother’s return, symbolic message for Israel to return to the Lord. Although his speeches are filled with judgement against Israel, the goal for Israel’s return and restoration is evident through all his speeches.
The first section of his speech (v1-13) takes the form of attorney’s verdict in the court room against adulterous wife, Israel. The second section of his speech (14-23) takes the form of judge’s final verdict indicating the restoration of God’s relationship with Israel.
God’s steadfast love is running through Hosea’s speech.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?