- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Hosea 5
Impending judgement on Israel.
Corrupted priests and kings was mentioned in the beginning of this chapter.
Hosea draws upon the earlier imagery of his marriage to Gomer to state God’s basic charge against Israel. Israel acted like a prostitute and given birth to alien children.
Israel’s leaders have been snare so God will chastise all of them from all areas; Mount Tabor, Mizpah. Ephraim was another name of Israel. The spirit of prostitute is so confirmed within them that they cannot return to their God.
In the day of punishment, the Lord will become the enemy of Israel and Judah (v.14). However, if they will return to the Lord, he will heal sickness and revive them.
This chapter expressed character of God’s love, which is steadfast.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?