- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Jonah 2
Jonah prayed to God inside the fish, recollecting all that had happened in him, calling of God, fleeing from it, storming in the sea, being swallowed up by fish, and the grace of God that saved him. And he confessed his faith with doxology, thanks for his deliverance, and vow. And God brought him out into dry land.
God keeps covenant, using all means until it is accomplished. God brought storm of the sea and fish to bring Jonah back to Nineveh. It is an emergent means that God took to return Jonah back to God’s plan. And he can know God by experience.
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?