- Centering prayer— Pray for illumination, “Lord, open my heart and mind by the power of the Holy Spirit,” and remain in silence.
- Read slowly, keeping any words or phrase that come to your mind, and mark on them.
- Close eyes and meditate on what you read.
- Take a note if you have question, inspiration.
Read Micah 4
The mountain of the Lord.
Chapter four points to the restoration of Jerusalem and final victory. This prophecy directly indicates the return of Babylonian exile, but also it is the prophecy of the coming of messiah.
“In the last day,” indicate the day when God will make his plan completed, restoring Jerusalem as the center of worship by the nations along with new age of peace. “The mountain of the Lord,” is Mt Zion, the highest mountain, symbol of Jerusalem.
In the last day the covenant of God, justice of God, the righteousness of God, and the peace of God will be established. And all people will walk in the truth of God.
The Lord’s plan in that day is healing of the nation and restoration of Davidic kingdom (v8). This prophecy has been understood as messianic rule, which was realized in the life and teaching of Jesus Christ, “Repent, the kingdom of God is near.”
1. What does this passage tell you about God?
2. What does this passage tell you about people.?
3. What does this passage tell you about yourself and God’s will for you?